Wedding planning can be a stressful time, thinking about the perfect gift can also be stressful. I personally like to create my own gift sets – usually based around beauty or pamper items that I love. Today I decided to share with you 3 gifts that come fully set! Hopefully you find some inspiration in finding the perfect gift.
1. L’occitane Peony Gift + Crabtree & Evelyn
You can purchase this set for $44CAD but inventory can vary by store. I thought this set was a great because the Peony lip balm is valued at $20CAD. I decided to top this off with a full-size hand cream from Crabtree and Evelyn (retails for $20CAD). Looks pretty and pink!
2. L’occitane Summer Basket
This is another set I was able to purchase at L’occitane, they were selling it for $39CAD. I thought this was cute because you could re-use the basket later on. Another thing you could do is change up the basket by swapping it with a full-size hand cream or adding other goodies to it.
Woo! So many items for $55CAD! If your friend is into hair products this is an amazing gift. Sephora combined 11 of their best sellers into 1 kit. I like this because it’s a great way to try new products and you can save these items for travel. I also want to note that the packaging is excellent for these items. I noticed that Sephora sells some of these items in their travel-size section. Personally, I would just wrap this up and give it away as-is.
This set contains:
– 2 oz Wen® by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
– 1.35 oz Alterna® CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture Shampoo
– 1.35 oz Alterna® CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture Conditioner
– 2 oz Living Proof® Prime Style Extender
– 1 oz Phyto Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil
– 2 oz Living Proof® Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment
– 1.7 oz Drybar Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant
– 2 oz Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray
– 3 oz Living Proof® Flex Shaping Hairspray
– 1.67 oz Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1
– 0.5 oz Bumble and bumble Prêt-à-Powder
Overall I really like buying multiple gift sets and breaking them up into my own set (Christmas is usually a better time for this). I think you can make a decent gift with a budget of $50-$100/person, and it’s a great alternative to buying make-up separately – you’ll find that $50-100 doesn’t go far at Sephora if you do.
I usually look into gift-sets and value sets that I can easily break up. Things I take into consideration are:
1. Decently sized items – I prefer sets with full sized items or travel-size (like the ones Sephora sells, not deluxe sample sizes)
2. Good value
3. Items I would use/have used in the past
4. Which items will go to who (I do a mental mapping of who gets what)
5. 90% of the items must be things I would personally use
6. Must be in proper packaging
Sephora carries excellent gift sets that you can give away as-is or break apart. This is one sold for $118CAD and you can still get it here.
To add everything together you can place them all into a gift box or purchase woven baskets from Michael’s. Boom done.