When I saw the preview post on Urban Decay’s Instagram this past winter – I was very excited about the upcoming release but I knew this wasn’t something I “needed”. I must admit – all that advertising and hype was very effective. I was stalking down Sephora’s Facebook page for the EXACT time of release. I ended up using my $20 coupon code for this purchase (score!).
I had this palette for about 6 months now. Overall I think this is a lovely palette; I really like the packaging but I don’t think I’m getting as much use as I would like. I think this is great palette for work/everyday wear but it’s not the palette I reach for when I want to really “dress up” and look pretty (Smashbox Fade to Black is what I usually reach for).
There is mainly 4 colors that I reach for in this palette: strange, limit, nooner, and darkside. Sometimes I’ll venture out and play with factory, mugshot, and darkside if I’m trying to create a smoker look. I think this is a great palette for those of you who prefer rose-hued shades; which is great for creating “romantic” make up looks. I have nothing bad to say about this palette and if you’re looking to expand your collection I think it’s great – but I don’t think this is a “must have”.
– Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin)
– Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter)
– Burnout (light pinky-peach satin)
– Limit (light dusty rose matte)
– Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver microglitter)
– Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal microsparkle)
– Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte)
– Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer)
– Factory (pinky-brown satin)
– Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift)
– Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin)
– Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red microsparkle)
A single urban decay shadow contains 0.05 oz for $22 CAD- if you were to buy 12 colors separately it would come to a whopping $264 CAD.
– 0.05 oz x 12 Eyeshadows
– 4 x 0.025 oz Eyeshadow Primer Potion sample packettes
– Double-ended brush
Twelve rose-hued neutrals great for everyday and romantic day looks.